The Department of Haematology is a specialized branch of Medicine is started on January 2015 as a new dimension. This department deals with both clinical and laboratory service. Clinical services includes benign Hematological condition like various type of anaemia , thalassemia, aplastic anaemia, autoimmune hemolytic anaemia, bleeding, coagulation and thrombotic patients (Hemophilia, ITP,DIC) Malignant disease like Acute Leukaemia, Chronic leukaemia and multiple myeloma, Lymphoma.
- Clinical characteristics and therapeutic management of confirmed hemophilia cases registered in the hemophilia treatment center, Rajshahi,Bangladesh
- Evaluation of reticulocyte hemoglobin equivalent (Ret-He) in patients with iron deficiency anaemia before and after administration of Ferric caroxymaltose in a tertiary hospital of northern Bangladesh.
- Clinical outcome and adverse effect of ferric caroxymaltose a new high dose Intravenous iron in patient with iron deficiency anaemia in Bangladesh
- Reticulocyte hemoglobin equivalent (Ret-He) as a potential diagnostic marker of iron deficiency anaemia among Bangladeshi adults.
- Slide session every working day.
- Classes for post graduate doctors and undergraduate students placed in hematology unit.
- Departmental seminar every Wednesday.
- Case presentation and death review every working day.
- Laboratory technologist training in Hematology lab.
- Indoor: Daily round for the admitted patients, administration of chemotherapeutic agents, blood transfusion,
- Outdoor: Follow up of Malignant, others new patients and referral patients.
- Daycare: Administration of chemotherapy, Blood and blood products transfusion, Intrathecal therapy, Injectable Iron, Factor VIII and IX infusion, Iron chelation therapy.
- Hemophilia treatment center
- Thalassemia management center
- Lymphoma- Leukaemia clinic
Procedure in the ward:
Our expert team is doing the following sophisticated work-
- Bone marrow aspiration and trephine biopsy
- Lumber puncture, intrathecal therapy and CSF analysis for leukaemic cell
- Spleenic Puncture
Our Department in enriched with the followings:
- CBC Sysmex Analyzer XN-350
- Microscope Olympus CX-43 with camera attached
- Fully automated coagulation analyzer CS-1600
- Semi-automated coagulation analyzer CA-104
- Platelet Function Analyzer
- Semi Automated Protein Analyzer-Mispa-i2
- Electrophoresis (Hb-electrophoresis,Serum protein Electrophoresis)
- Cytocentrifuse Machine
Future Plan the Department:
- To establish specialized full hematology with coagulation laboratory .
- To established intensive care unit for neutropenic immunocompromized patient.
- To Strat MD course on Hematology.
- To start Bone marrow transplant and stem cell therapy unit.