The Burn and plastic surgery department is a newly development. It is our pleasure to introduce ourselves as a depart- ment highly needed for local people. The year 2014 july was a special year for the burn patient of Rajshahi Medical College Hospital. Plastic surgery along with burn unit added a new hope and dimension of activities. Now this department is able to deliver skilled, improved, organized and more dedicated super specialty service to the patient. In the eve of 2015, when the whole nation was anxious about the management of burn victims of political violences, we with our entire team service the burn victims of rajshahi and nearby areas and played a vital role. The services were highly appreciated both regionally and nationally. The number of the patients is increasing but the logistics and support are fixed and limited. But with our all limitations, we tried hard to fulfill our commitment to patient care.
Academic activities calendar:
- Lecture classes : 3rd year, 5th year and Post graduate
- Tutorial classes : 3rd year, 5th year and Post graduate
- Case demonstration : 3rd year, 5th year and Post graduate
- Central seminar presentation and
- CME on Plastic surgical procedures.
- Work shop on emergerncy burn.
- Burn & plastic surgery : a three years journey
- Burn & plastic surgery Department of RMCH : A new hope for the local community Case presentation/journal presen- tation/seminar: nonhealing ulcer in lower lip : an unusual presentation of TB
- Flap coverage for pressure sore management
- Scrotal reconstruction after Fournier’s gangrene
- Facial reconstruction : experience at RMCH.
Ongoing research activities:
patterns of antibiotic sensitivity in wounds of patients admitted in Burn and plastic surgery department of RMCH.
Ongoing research activities:
patterns of antibiotic sensitivity in wounds of patients admitted in Burn and plastic surgery department of RMCH
- Distally Based Medial Hemi-Soleus Muscle Flap for Wound Coverage in the Distal Third of the Leg. (IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853,p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 18, Issue 5 Ser. 14 (May. 2019), PP 49-53 www.iosrjournals.org).
- Aesthetic Outcome of Postmastectomy Breast Reconstruction with Extended Latissimus Dorsi Myocutaneous Pedicled Flap (Sch J App Med Sci ,ISSN 2347-954X (Print) | ISSN 2320-6691 (Online) Journal homepage: https://saspublisher.com/sjams/).
- Modified Volar Oblique Triangular Flap for Coverage of Fingertip Defects (TAJ June 2021; Volume 34 Number-1).
- Superficial Inferior Epigastric Artery (SIEA) Flap is the Armamentarium for the Coverage of Large Complex Wounds on Dorsum of Hand in a Regional Medical College Hospital (Sch J App Med Sci ISSN 2347-954X (Print) | ISSN 2320-6691 (Online).
Weekly departmental meeting:
Monthly audit on ward management. Clinical audit on morbidity and mortality.
Postgraduate course: MS residency general surgery and obsttric & Gynaecology.
In case of clinical subject: Admission schedule, OT shedule 24hours admission everyday in a week for Burn patients.
Emergency patient for reconstructive surgery from different discipline through refferal protocol.
Routine Plastic surgery cases: saturday and Thursday.
OT shedule: Routine cases: Every Saturday and Thursday. Emergency cases as needed.