The department of Endocrinology of Rajshahi Medical College was established in June 2010. At the inception there was no separate indoor space. So, the department had been working along with the department of Medicine. From 6th October 2018, it has started running independently with 8 non-paying beds. The department is committed to serve the people of greater Rajshahi as well as the northern part of Bangladesh. Lots of Diabetic, Thyroid and Endocrine disorder patients are getting regular service from this department. The department of Endocrinology is located on the 3rd floor of the new building in Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
Academic Activities: 1 month placement of MS (Gynae and Obs) students and 2 weeks placement of DGO students.
- Clinical seminar or case presentation once in every 6 months (Medicine and allied subjects)
- Clinical seminar in respective Medicine Unit once in every 2
Ongoing Research Activities:
- Prevalence of altered liver enzymes, fatty live and dyslipidemia in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic patients in a tertiary care hospital.
- Comparison of fasting and non-fasting lipid profile in Type 2 diabetic patients attendingout patient department in Rajshahi medical college hospital.
- Demographic, Clinical and Biochemical Characteristics of Drug Naive Type 2 Diabetes Patients of Bangladesh. Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, 2021, 11, 145-154
- Clinical and biochemical outcome of patients with polycystic ovary syndrome managedwith life style modification or combination with metformin. (BIRDEM Med J 2020; 10(1): 26-33)
Weekly Departmental activities: With Respective Medicine unit.
- Clinical round in respective medicine unit twice weekly
- Endocrinology outdoor on every Monday in outpatient department, Rajshahi medicalcollege hospital
- Teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th year medical students in block posting every Tuesday
- Attending Referral call from different department for Endocrinology consultation every day
Admission Schedule: Patients admitted as referred from any department.